Article 82. Abbreviation of Resolutions of the General Meeting of Establishment
1. In the situation where an incorporator has made a proposal concerning matters that are an objective of the general meeting of establishment, when all of the establishment shareholders (limited to those which have the right to vote concerning the said matter) have indicated agreement via documentary or electromagnetic means concerning the said proposal, the said proposal shall be regarded as a resolution of the general meeting of establishment that has passed.
2. For a period of ten years from the date that there was the deemed resolution of the previous paragraph, the incorporator must store the document or electromagnetic recording at the place determined by the incorporators.
3. The establishment shareholders can make the demands listed hereunder at any time within the time period determined by the incorporators :
(1) The demand to view the document , or demand for copies thereof.
(2) When the matters of the previous Paragraph are prepared in an electromagnetic medium, the demand to view that indicating, based on matters determined by Ministry of Justice ordinance, that recorded in the said electromagnetic medium of the previous paragraph or demand copies thereof.
4. After the incorporation of the kabushiki kaisha, a member of the parent corporation of the said kabushiki kaisha, when necessary in order to exercise its rights, with the consent of a court, can make the demands listed in the items of the previous paragraph with respect to the documents or electromagnetic recordings of paragraph 2.
Disclaimer: This translation is for general reference purposes only and is provided on an ügas isüh basis with no warranties made whatsoever. Attorney Roderick H. Seeman (licensed in the USA) shall not be responsible for any consequences resulting from the use of this translation. Reliance must be placed on the original Japanese text of the laws. In the text of the translation article headings are added in parenthesis are not in the Japanese language original and are added only for the purposes of enhanced comprehension.
Click here to see a copy of Attorney Seemanüfs Japanese stockbrokerüfs license that he passed on the first attempt in Japanese (becoming the first qualifying Westerner). The exam is now available in English due to claims that it was too difficult in Japanese.